You don’t feel like serious cooking. You also don’t want the low nutritional value of fast food or restaurant takeaway. You want something reasonably healthy, but easy as anything. What’s the solution?
Low cooking time, low prep time, and no matter what you put in it, at least the calories aren’t empty. You can do almost anything with this remarkable dish. If you’re afraid you can’t keep an omelet together, don’t worry: just chop it all up and call it a “scramble.”
Don’t like eggs? Then this is one of the very best way to eat them, because it’s so easy to overwhelm the flavor and texture of eggs with other ingredients, giving yourself all that nutrition without the parts you don’t like.
- Super Easy Cheese – cheese, eggs and salt. Doesn’t get much simpler than that!
- 40-Second Omelet – even simpler, this recipe just gives you the egg “shell” to wrap around whatever ingredients you like
- Jerry’s Very Good Omelet That Everybody Likes So Much! – add your ingredients midway through the cooking process
- Ham Omelet – ham, seasonings and a hint of unexpected richness that comes from milk
- Sandy’s Crazy Herbs – cheese, tomatoes and a lovely blend of seasonings make this one special
- Eggplant and Cheddar – herbs, tomato sauce and cheddar along with the flavor of eggplant
- Farmhouse Omelets – a hearty meal filled with beef, ham and seasonings. Wonderful for breakfast or dinner!
- Light and Fluffy – a simple cheesy omelet that comes out with a wonderful texture
- Aussie Omelet – shrimps and curry powder add special flavors to the usual mushrooms, peppers and cheese combination
- Lasagna Omelet – replace the pasta and meat from a lasagna with eggs, and you’ve got a hit on your hands
- Pizza Omelet – next time you want pizza, try this recipe instead for a more nutritious twist on an old favorite
- Flat Zucchini – zucchini and some seasonings remind you how good “simple” can taste
- Hash Brown Omelet – this recipe packs a wallop to a big appetite with hash browns as one of the filling ingredients
- Asparagus Omelet – asparagus tips and bacon
- Yummy Veggie – a wonderful cheesy dish with peppers, onions and any other veggies you want to add
- Cafe Beignet Brandied Apple – take an apple pie recipe, replace the crust recipe with egg, and you get this dish
- Katie’s Perfect Omelet – ham, onion and cheese are the focus of this rich, filling meal
- Baked Ham And Cheese – your basic ham and cheese omelet, except baked instead of fried.
- Herb and Brie – an assortment of herbs and brie cheese make this dish subtly different from all the others
- Green Pepper And Bacon – the name says it all
- Cheesy Horseradish – a flavor explosion with two cheeses, horseradish and other seasonings
- Waist-Watching Western – uses turkey ham and some egg substitute to cut down on fat and cholesterol
- Omelet With Mushrooms – a very simple dish, but when you’re craving the taste of mushrooms you can’t beat this one
- King Crab and Asparagus Omelet with Hollandaise, Chevre and Dill – it’s pretty much all in the name
- Clams Omelet with Cabbage-Peanut Slaw – it involves a crepe, and the slaw is not on the side
- Broccoli, Ham And Cheese – broccoli florets add a really nice flavor to your traditional ham and cheese omelet
- Mild Curry – South Indian style seasoning make this slightly spicy dish unforgettable
- Three-Cheese – it’s really all about the cheese… parmesan, mozzarella and cheddar
- Omelet With Oysters – oysters, spring onions and a great combination of herbs
- Spanish Omelet – an authentic recipe for an old classic
- South Western Cactus Omelet – yes, it actually uses cactus
- Herbed Cream Cheese – chives and cream cheese are great together
- Dungeness Crab – with onions and parsley, because you really don’t need much of anything else when crab’s the main ingredient.
An omelet can be a full one-dish meal, but if you want more, add bread or toast for carbs. Put some strips of bacon on the side. Fried potatoes make a great side dish, too. Though it’s not a traditional combination to my knowledge, Cream of Tomato Soup can be a wonderful starter for any egg-based meal.