Pasta’s so easy to cook, and such good comfort food when it’s cold outside. And great pasta sauce recipes can be used not just on pasta, but over grilled chicken, shrimp or other meats. While a couple of these need to simmer for hours, most of them take half an hour or less to make.
Pasta Sauce Recipes
- Creamy Tuscan Pasta Sauce. A quick, 20-minute sauce with garlic, basil, sun-dried tomatoes and more.
- Homemade Spaghetti Sauce. Your standard beef and tomato sauce, made simple.
- Roasted Tomato and Red Pepper Sauce. A meatless tomato sauce that uses oven roasting to bring out flavors.
- White Wine and Garlic Mushroom Cream Sauce. Quick, easy, rich and delicious. And use a decent white wine.
- Creamy Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Sauce. A rich, creamy sauce with garlic and chives.
- Homemade Pesto Sauce. A quick, easy mild pesto featuring basil, garlic and pine nuts or walnuts.
- Portobello Mushroom Pasta with Cream Sauce. This surprisingly rich, meatless sauce is fantastic with just pasta or with meat and pasta, if you prefer.
- Spaghetti Aglio e Olio. One of my very favorite pasta sauce recipes: olive oil with garlic. Do add pepper flakes if you like!
- Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce. Spicy roasted peppers in a butter and cream sauce.
- Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce. Butternut squash is rich enough for soups – imagine what it does for a sauce.
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce. If you adore the flavor of cauliflower, this versatile sauce is a must-try.
- Browned Butter Sauce. One of the richest, most delicious sauces ever. And if you use grassfed butter, it’s a health food (yes, the whole “saturated fat is evil” thing was a lie).
- Beef Bolognese Sauce. More meat than sauce.
- Spaghetti Puttanesca. Largely ignored because it has anchovies, but people! Anchovies don’t keep any fishy flavor. They just deepen all your other flavors, and it’s your loss if you don’t cook with them.
- Vegan Roasted Red Pepper Pasta. This one’s also gluten free, so if you’re looking for something to enjoy with gluten free pasta, definitely check it out.
Originally published May 6, 2012