Bulk cooking saves you time and money, which makes having a healthy home cooked meal every night easier than ever. These bulk cooking recipes will help you start cooking less often, yet having home cooked meals more often.
Advantages of Bulk Cooking
- You save cooking time because you’re cooking several meals at once.
- It saves cleanup time, because you have fewer cooking sessions to clean up after.
- It saves money because bulk cooking makes it easy to shop better. You can wait for good sales, take advantage of bulk buys (even if you live and eat alone!), and with a little planning, you can make sure everything you buy gets used in a recipe.
- No wasted leftovers, because these recipes are designed for freezing and serving again later.
- You know exactly what’s in every meal, which gives you lots of control over the nutrition.
Bulk Cooking Recipes
- Chicken Noodle Soup – our own recipe is delicious and easy to fix
- Southwestern Casserole – chicken casserole Tex-Mex style
- Jambalaya – the classic spicy stew. Same page also has a wonderful recipe for Tomato Basil Tarts.
- Breaded Beef – turn a less expensive cut of meat into a real treat
- Ham and Lentil soup – delicious, cheap and healthy
- French Toast Sticks – kids can heat and serve these themselves.
- Pancakes – make your own microwavable pancakes
- Six-bean casserole – with spicy barbecue sauce and pepperoni
- Crockpot pulled pork – combine it with BBQ sauce or put it in soup
- Bacon-Wrapped Chicken – freeze them uncooked, and cook as you need them
- Lasagna Rolls – another one kids can heat and serve
- Tomato Ground Beef Mix – a handy starter
- Chicken, Quinoa and Corn stew – full of savory flavors
Cooking in bulk does take a little bit of planning in advance. Less than regular cooking, I think, but you will have to make a few adjustments. Here are some links to give you ideas:
- Several different strategies for bulk cooking explained.
- 6 steps for the beginner: effective meal planning, maximizing savings, etc.
- Lots of links to bulk cooking forums and basic information.