Chicken wings make such a perfect snack for get-togethers or anytime. You don’t have to limit yourself to what’s available in the frozen foods aisle or from restaurants, either. There are many wonderful chicken wing recipes out there for you to make at home. Forget buffalo sauce: there are soy-garlic recipes, coffee-liqueur recipes, etc. Great stuff!
Chicken Wing Recipes
1. Honey Garlic Wings. MomofukuFor2 has a wonderfully simple pan frying recipe for honey-garlic chicken wings. It’s lightly sweet and savory. It’s even better if you use a traditionally brewed and aged soy sauce, because the flavor of that stuff knocks everything out of the ballpark.
2. Korean Fried Chicken (Soy and Garlic). It’s similar to the honey garlic, but with less sweetness and stronger soy flavor. This super savory chicken wings recipe is dangerously addictive, so make plenty.
3. Lemongrass Chicken Wings. Asian-inspired flavors like lemongrass, ginger, chile and lime make a sweet, spicy, salty recipe. But it also has scallions and cilantro, so the overall effect is surprisingly international. This recipe goes great with margaritas.
4. Caramelized Baked Chicken Wings. For those of you looking for a less greasy version of this tasty treat. This baked recipe caramelizes the chicken wings in a ketchup/soy/garlic/honey mix.
5. Crispy Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings. These are tangy and spicy, and you may want to make extra because people can’t stop eating them.
6. Bake ahead hot wings. This recipe is for the traditional hot wings flavor, but it has a couple of advantages. You can bake them ahead of time, and then pop them on the grill about twenty minutes before you want to serve them. While they’re grilling, you baste them in the sauce so they get nice and crispy.
7. Baked Parmesan Garlic Chicken Wings. Baked chicken wings crusted with parmesan, rosemary, thyme, cumin, basil and garlic. But it gets even better, because there’s a dipping sauce, too. And it’s made of bleu cheese dressing and dijon mustard.
8. Apricot-Glazed Grilled Chicken Wings Recipe. This recipe uses a hot sweet sauce made from apricot preserves. But in case that’s not enough, it also has that lime juice, balsalmic vinegar, garlic, fresh ginger and red pepper flakes. It’s a quick recipe, too – just put the sauce ingredients through a food processor, and then grill the wings while basting on the sauce.
9. Buffalo recipe for campers. This recipe involves pan frying the wings in butter, and it’s so simple you can do it over a campfire. But it’s so delicious you’ll want to do at home, too.
10. Coffee Liqueur Dipper Wings. Seasoned butter, barbecue sauce and coffee liqueur (Kahlua or Tia Maria) give this recipe a dark roasted flavor.
11. Crisp Chicken Wings with Chili-Lime Butter. Another Thai inspired recipe, featuring Thai red curry butter. This is a fairly simple recipe to make, as the cooking time is about 25 minutes of nice slow oven roasting.