The best ultrasonic jewelry cleaner machines can keep your jewelry clean, but they can also clean circuit boards, 3D prints, pacifiers and more. If you want to start saving money and time cleaning your jewelry at home, read on.
The advantage of ultrasonic waves is that they can deep clean dirt and grime and remove tarnish from diamonds, fine jewelry, metal chains, watches and glasses. It can get into crevices that aren’t easy to reach. These machines also have options to add water and detergent for jewelry that can stand up to water.
Check out our favorites here. Or you can scroll down for in-depth reviews. You can also read more about how we choose products.
- Best Overall: GemOro 1.5PTH NEXT-GEN ULTRASONIC
- Most Popular with Readers: Magnasonic Professional Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner
- Best Smaller Capacity: 3000mAh Portable Ultrasonic Cleaner
- Most Versatile (cleans more than jewelry): EIWEI 3L Ultrasonic Cleaner Dual-Frequency Professional Digital Cleaning Machine
- Best High Capacity: 2L Degas Sweep Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner
The Advantages of an Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner
The ultrasonic cleaning process is better than traditional cleaning methods involving solvents. Instead of cleaning with detergents, these cleaners use a cavitation process.
That means they use high-frequency sound waves to create small bubbles in a cleaning solution that implode, producing microscopic shockwaves that can remove dirt, grease, oil, and other contaminants from a variety of surfaces and objects.
What Can They Clean?
Jewelry: Ultrasonic cleaning machines can clean gold, silver, diamonds, and other precious stones, by removing dirt, oils, and other contaminants that accumulate over time.
Medical and dental equipment: they’re commonly used in medical and dental facilities to clean instruments, such as forceps, scalpels, and dental probes, to help prevent the spread of infections. You can use them on night guards, dentures and other dental appliances.
Electronics: they can clean your electronic components, such as circuit boards, by removing dirt and dust that can cause malfunctions or reduce performance.
Automotive parts: they can clean automotive parts, like carburetors, fuel injectors and engine blocks. They remove oil, grease and other contaminants.
Optical lens: eyeglasses and camera lenses can be cleaned, by removing dirt and dust without damaging the lens.
Note that not all materials and objects are suitable for ultrasonic cleaning, and it’s important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions and safety precautions when using an ultrasonic cleaner.
What to Look for When Buying an Ultrasonic Cleaner
Most ultrasonic jewelry cleaning machines will do a good job cleaning. So what differs from one model to the next? What makes one machine the best ultrasonic cleaner for you?
Capacity. Some can only clean a few pieces of jewelry or one or two pairs of glasses. Others can clean a carburetor. Figure out which you need.
Accessories like baskets. They come with baskets and racks to hold the items being cleaned. You may want to read reviews to get a sense of which ones would work best for the items you’ll be cleaning.
For complete cleaning, sometimes you need a liquid cleaner. You can use a jewelry cleaning solution designed for these machines. Some reviews report successfully using Dawn dish soap.
These machines don’t work on every mineral or gem stone. If you’re planning to clean jewelry with minerals like turquoise, read the description and instructions to see if these machines will work for you.
Best Jewelry Cleaning Machines
GemOro 1.5PTH NEXT-GEN ULTRASONIC Jewelry Cleaning Machine
This heavy duty professional ultrasonic machine runs quietly and comes recommended by jewelers, according to reviews.
- Capacity: 1.5 Pint
- Tank: 6″ x 3 1/4″ x 2 3/4″
- Watts: 25
- Weight: 4 lb
- Proprietary SWEEP technology helps it clean more effectively than traditional ultrasonic machines
- Reviewers report cleaning jewelry effectively in 30 minutes with just a few drops of Dawn dish washing detergent
Magnasonic Professional Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner
This cleaner restores valuable jewelry to its original luster using only water. It generates 42,000 Hz of ultrasonic waves to remove dirt and
grime gently in just minutes.
It comes with five preset cleaning cycles so you can choose the exact cleaning intensity you need.
- Requires only tap water for cleaning
- 42,000 Hz of ultrasonic sound waves
- 5 preset cleaning cycles (90, 180, 280, 380, & 480 seconds) and auto shut off
- Includes basket to keep items secure
- 20 oz (600 mL) capacity
- Does not remove tarnish
3000mAh Portable Ultrasonic Cleaner
Don't need a big unit? This little cleaner will handle a few pieces of jewelry at a time and do a great job.
- Capacity: 17.6 ounces
- Item Weight: 14.4 ounces
- You can just use clean water, or they recommend professional detergent
EIWEI 3L Professional Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner
Need more than just a jewelry cleaner? This unit can handle small car parts, 3D printing models, circuit boards, dentures and more. And of course jewelry, glasses, etc.
- Capacity: comes in 2, 3 or 6 or 10 liter sizes
- Reviewers report successfully using this to clean the tools from soapmaking, cars, resin 3D printing,
2L Degas Sweep Ultrasonic Jewelry Cleaner
This one also has the sweep technology to clean more effectively.
- Capacity: 2.00 liters
- SWEEP technology cleans jewelry more thoroughly
- Reviewers wish the basket mesh was finer because some very fine chains can fall through the holes