Because cleaning is something that needs to be done so often, it should be as easy as possible. Make cleaning less of a misery, and you’ll feel like doing it more often, and maybe get more help from the rest of the household.
Some of our very best tips on making cleaning easier are:
- You can make homemade disinfectant wipes with simple ingredients you probably have on hand. This is great if you don’t have store bought wipes on hand or want to use the fewest ingredients on a surface without skimping on results. You can also make homemade furniture polish.
- Yes, you can clean all these things in a dishwasher. Just put them in with your next load, and the job’s done.
- Get rid of fruit flies with a few easy tips, including a few ways to make traps for them. And also make them feel less invited in your home.
- Do you clean your grill as often as you should? A little bit of cleaning every time you use a grill will reduce how often they need serious deep scrubbing.
- Cleaning a hair dryer regularly will keep it working well for years to come. It may also help you avoid having it shoot flames out the back end (true story!). You can also clean a flat-iron hair straightener to keep it in the best possible shape.
- You can clean most leather at home, especially if we’re talking routine cleaning or small spots. Great tip for everything from furniture to shoes, and yes, these tips will work on most fake leather too.
- Clean your carpets and rugs like a pro, even if you don’t have an expensive steamer or fancy chemicals. Hint: this tip involves baking soda. So easy!
We have a lot of recommendations for household cleaning products and ingredients for making your own. Olive Oil for Cleaning You can mix olive oil – or walnut oil – with lemon juice for a homemade furniture polish. But you don’t want to use extra virgin olive oil. Assuming you cook with EVOO, you’ll need …
Learn how to make homemade disinfectant wipes that truly disinfect, with items you may already have on hand. Save money without sacrificing cleanliness.
If you use a flat iron to straighten or smooth your hair and you’ve noticed it’s not working like it used to, that may mean it needs a good cleaning.
It’s good to know how to clean sponges because they can get really gross really quickly.
Hair dryers tend to collect hair and dust in their vents – that’s the back end with grill. Cleaning that junk out can prolong the life of your hair dryer, and failing to clean it out can cause it to shoot small flames out the back end.
Store-bought furniture polish doesn’t come cheap. These homemade furniture polish recipes work great, and will help you save money!