These DIY projects can help you save money by doing things yourself. Most of them are very easy and only require the most basic tools.
Some of our best DIY tips include:
- You can easily make a room divider curtain wall and double the function of a big room in your home. Carve out some office space or a dining area or a play area for kids that won’t be visible when guests stop by.
- Add door blinds to a glass patio or balcony door for more privacy or light control. You can order them online, install them in a few minutes, and have mini blinds inside a casing so they’ll never blow around when you open the door.
- Make your own version of a double towel and curtain rod at the shower. Instantly give even a small bathroom way more towel hanging capacity.
- Improve the curb appeal of your house before selling it with just a few easy, cheap tips. These tips can make your house look thousands of dollars better
- You can often fix rusty drain pipes yourself instead of hiring a contractor.
If you have a mostly glass patio door, you can easily make it feel more private by installing door blinds. These affordable, pre-assembled units are easy to install and let you angle blinds for maximum light and maximum privacy.
I thought a double shower curtain rod was going to give me more space for towels. Then I realized there was a much cheaper and simpler solution.
Even small cosmetic changes to your house can give it more curb appeal to buyers. That means more interested buyers, a quicker sale, and a chance to get more than your asking price.
You can fix rusty pipes yourself if they haven’t already started leaking. It’s important to take care of quickly. Rust will eat away at the pipes until they become leaky, which costs you money for repairs and can waste a lot of water. Learn how to handle this repair yourself.
If you’re hanging a shelf and don’t have a level handy, there’s a really simple DIY trick to get it right. Brace the shelf against the wall a couple of inches below where you want it. Take a measuring cup, fill it to the halfway point with water and set it on the middle of …