Aloe plants are quite self-sufficient, making them an excellent choice for beginner gardeners. However, there’s a handful of must-know instructions to keep your aloe plant from losing its compact shape and beauty.
These gardening tips and tricks have helped me get the most out of my backyard garden. Whether you’re growing food or flowers, or have an acre of a corner of a balcony, these tips can help.
Some of our best gardening tips include:
- Make your own plant food with these DIY recipes. This is a great way to know exactly what’s been sprayed on food plants your family will be eating.
- Apartment gardening really is a thing. Even with almost no space and no sunlight, there are a few things apartment and condo dwellers can grow on a balcony, patio or window box.
- You can also compost in an apartment to get your own soil made from veggie waste, food leftovers and some of your garbage.
- Container gardening is a great way to turn a patio or balcony into a place to grow some herbs and veggies. It can also be easier to tend than a traditional garden.
- You can use eggshells in gardening. They can help deter some pests and also add calcium to the soil, reducing acidity. But even acid-loving plants have benefited from eggshells in my garden.
- Some beneficial insects are great for your garden because they eat the bugs that would eat your plants. Learn how to plant to attract the good insects.
- Keep cats out of your garden with these humane tips. Lots to choose from, since what works on one cat may not work on another.
- Side yard landscaping can seem hopeless, but there’s a lot you can do even with a very narrow strip of land.
- Reduce your lawn maintenance by planting slow growing grass or ground cover that’s right for your region.
- Create your own DIY drip irrigation system for your garden. This is great to cut down on watering time and water waste.
- Anyone can plant bare root trees for a quick, affordable alternative to buying half-grown trees from a nursery. They don’t take anymore work than nursery trees, and they catch up in growth within a couple of years.
- You can grow a lemon tree indoors if your climate doesn’t support growing them outside. It most likely won’t fruit, but these are beautiful plants for the home.
These are some gardening tools and supplies worth checking out. This list is all about making gardening more fun, easy and successful.
It only takes a small patch to start container gardening. Even a tiny yard, patio, or balcony provide room for several potted plants.