This corn syrup glue recipe is easy to learn how to make at home with ingredients you probably already have on hand. It’s based on corn syrup, which gives it better adherence than, say, flour glue.
Crafty uses for corn syrup glue
So how can you use this glue?
- Corn syrup glue can be used as a homemade slime activator.
- It can also be used to make edible slime.
- Corn syrup glue can also be used as a homemade glue for paper mache projects.
This is one of many easy recipes for glue. Be sure to store homemade glue in a sealed container.
This makes yet another basic homemade glue. This one works really well for making slime.
- Corn Syrup
- White Vinegar
- Corn Starch
- Whisk or spoon
- In a small saucepan, mix 3/4 cup water with 2 tablespoons corn syrup and 1 tablespoon white vinegar.
- Bring the mixture to a rolling boil.
- In a bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of cornstarch with 3/4 cup of cold water. Whisk or stir until it's smooth in consistency.
- Slowly add the cold mixture into the hot mixture. Stir constantly for one minute.
- Remove from heat.
- Once it's cooled, pour the mixture into its final container.
- Let it stand overnight at room temperature before using.