There are a lot of ways you can eat an egg, and even more recipes that feature egg as a main ingredient. They’re delicious, good for you and so easy to enjoy with these delicious egg recipes.
The nutritional content of eggs is excellent, and researchers now know the high cholesterol in eggs doesn’t translate into cholesterol problems in your body.
Lots of egg recipes are also quick and easy, which makes them ideal for a hasty or thrown-together dinner when you haven’t got much prep time or haven’t been to the grocery store yet.
These recipes cover every category: you could eat them for breakfast or dinner, or snacks or even dessert.
- Our Omelet Recipe Collection has over thirty recipes to get you started
- As-You-Like-It Breakfast Casserole – made from breakfast leftovers, some veggies and cheese
- Ham, Cheddar & Chive Egg Bakes – egg and ham steak cooked in a ramekin with garlic, onion, basil and chives
- Milk Chocolate Cream with Milk Cloud – a chocolate egg cream served in the eggshell with foamed milk on top
- Shiitake Frittata Squares with Prosciutto – shiitake mushrooms and egg with tarragon, shallots and parmesan, and tied off with strips of chives. They look like little pieces of sushi!
- Fried Egg Breakfast Burrito – a surprisingly easy dish that uses a fried egg with slightly runny yolk instead of the more common scrambled egg for a breakfast burrito
- Italian Baked Eggs – with zucchini, garlic, basil, tomatoes and other seasonings
- Black Sesame Egg Yolk Mooncake – an Asian style recipe, also with a little peanut butter
- Mini Crustless Spinach and Mushroom Quiches – with onions, shredded cheese for a delicious low-carb meal
- Curried Egg Salad Recipe – uses yogurt instead of mayonnaise, plus apples, pecans and chives
- Shrimp Egg Foo Yung – Chinese style pancake dish with shiitake mushrooms, bean sprouts, and spice
- Smoked Salmon Frittata – pepper smoked salmon and black olives
- Lobster Quiche – with onion, garlic, dry mustard, tarragon, swiss and cheddar
- Croque Madame Egg Sandwich – an egg sandwich with ham and Dutch edam cheese
- Shrimp and Wasabi (or Dijon) Deviled Eggs – title says it all
- French Toast Bread Pudding – challah bread, eggs, vanilla, nutmeg and maple syrup
- Herb Baked Eggs – a recipe from Strawberry Creek Inn Bed and Breakfast, with ham and fresh herbs
- Baked Eggs in Basil Cheese sauce – from Village Park Bed and Breakfast, using easy store-bought ingredients alongside delicious fresh ones
- Eggs Italiano – ironically served on an English muffin, but everything else about them is Italian!
- David Eyre’s Pancake – an oven-baked pancake recipe with lemon and sugar
- Buffalo Deviled Eggs – with hot sauce (I recommend Tapatio) and blue cheese, not unlike the flavor of buffalo chicken wings
- Green Chili Egg Puff – an egg casserole with chilis and Jack cheese
- Beet Pickled Eggs – hard-boiled eggs cooked with beets. Add seasonings if you like. They come out pink!
- Clafoutis – a stiff vanilla custard with fruit baked in it. If you’ve ever gone looking for a low-carb alternative to fruit pies, you can stop looking now.
- Mini Mushroom and Sausage Quiches – crustless quiches that are just the right size for serving as finger foods or appetizers
- Deviled Egg Spread – the taste of deviled eggs deconstructed into a snack spread
- Baked Eggs with Creamy Spinach Hashbrowns – with mushrooms and cheese
- Garden Egg Bake – broccoli, spinach, carrots, cheese and more make this fluffy baked egg casserole
- Heuvos a la Mexicana – eggs, onion, jalapeno, tomato and cilantro all fried into a quick, easy scramble
- Chinese tea eggs – boiled eggs, cracked and steeped in a mix of tea leaves, cinnamon, peppercorns and soy sauce
- Deviled Eggs With Shrimp and Olives – with onion, parsley, mayonnaise, tomato and more