If you making your own envelopes, you’ll need a very special glue recipe. This is how to make envelope glue that will dry on paper and wait to be activated by water.
In addition, this glue has to be lickable, since that’s how many people wet envelope glue. This glue is completely edible – every ingredient in it is safe to eat.
This recipe requires a few minutes of cooking, but it’s well worth it for the results.
If you making your own envelopes, you'll need a very special glue recipe. Learn how to make envelope glue that will dry on paper and be activated by water.
- 1 envelope of Unflavored Gelatin
- 3 tablespoons of White Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Put the vinegar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Add in the gelatin.
- Stir to completely dissolve it.
- Add the sugar and extract and stir some more.
- Use a brush to apply it to homemade envelopes or stamps, and let it dry for several hours.
- Store the unused glue in the refrigerator to keep it from molding.
It keeps for a week or two.