If you’re shopping for a gift for a cheese lover, you may find yourself at a loss. You can’t just buy them cheese, right? Or you could, but would you pick the wrong ones?
As a cheese lover, I put some thought into the gifts I’d like to receive. This list has all kinds of cheese accessories, gourmet treats, appliances and even a very funny book.
If you’re in a hurry, check these out. Otherwise, scroll down for more information on each item.
- Coolest Cheese Board: You can write in chalk on this Slate Cheese Board with Utensils and Bowls
- Best Housewarming Gift: Acacia Cheese Board and Knife Set with Marble Slab
- Best for Serious Foodies/Cooks: The Ultimate Cheese Making Kit is great for beginners or the Crafthouse by Fortessa Glass Smoking Box lets you smoke any cheese you have
- Best Raclette/Fondue Set: Cusimax Raclette Grill
- For the Gourmet: Edmond Fallot Mustard 3 Pack Assortment (I keep this on hand because it’s great with everything!) and Casablanca Market Marrakesh Spiced Olives
- Most Gorgeous Cheese Board: White Marble Cheese Board & Cheese Knife Set – and consider adding the White Marble Handle Gold Cheese Knife Spreader Set
- Best Budget Choice: Cheese Knives Set with Bamboo Wood Handles
- Best Cheese Cutter: Cheese Slicer Board With Wire Cutter
Best Gifts for Cheese Lovers
This slate cheeseboard has an extra cool factor because you can write on it with a special soap stone chalk. It's lightweight and easy to carry from room to room or take on travels.WHAT'S GOOD:
- Beautiful slate platter you can write on with chalk
- Comes with everything you need to serve a nice cheese board: slate board, 3 ceramic bowls, 3 stainless steel knives, 1 serving fork and 2 soap stone chalks for writing
- Also works as a cutting board
- Lightweight - great for travel or for people who find some wooden cheeseboards too heavy
- Nice price
- Says it's dishwasher safe, but it cleans up better by hand. Can require some srcubbing.
- Needs soap stone chalk, which is pricier than regular chalk
This acacia cheeseboard has everything you could possibly need, including utensil storage drawers. The quality hardwood will last for years.
- Quality hardwood is more durable than bamboo and should last for years.
- Removable double-sided marble slab surface that sits in the middle of the cutting area.
- Comes with two magnetic knife drawers and four knives
- Includes two ceramic bowls
WHAT'S NOT SO GOOD:
- Needs hand-washing and to be wiped with mineral oil occasionally to maintain the finish
- Hard to remove the marble slab for cleaning
This white marble cheeseboard is absolutely stunning. Words like classy and elegant come to mind. It makes a great holiday gift.WHAT'S GOOD:
- Handcrafted with marble from Agra, India
- Marble keeps meat and cheese cool
- Will not absorb food smells
- Comes with three marble and brass cheese knives
- From a small business that promotes fair trade
- Heavy and sturdy (or this could be not so good if you need one that's lightweight)
- 12" diameter is on the small side
This is a stunning set of cheese knives and spreaders with white marble handles and gold stainless steel blades. It coordinates beautifully with the white marble cheeseboard above.WHAT'S GOOD:
- Gorgeous and unique
- 1 cheese spreader, 1 cheese knife, 1 cheese cutter and 1 mini fruit fork
- Ergonomic design
- Comes in a presentation box
- Can also be used to spread jam and butters on bread
- Must wash by hand
This beautiful knife set in a presentation gift box make a wonderful gift for a housewarming. They're great for barbecues and potlucks as well as cutting and serving cheese.WHAT'S GOOD:
- Comes with six different kinds of cheese knives for every kind of cheese cutting imaginable
- Stainless steel knives with bamboo wooden handles
- Ergonomic easy grab handles
- Easy to clean by hand
- Small, easy to handle, very portable
- Not dishwasher friendly
This is a cheese cutter that works like a paper cutter. It even has a grid on the surface so you can cut all the slices to exactly the same size.WHAT'S GOOD:
- Lets you cut soft and semi-hard cheese like a restaurant professional, with each slice or chunk the same size as the last
- Comes with eight replacement cutting wires
- Can also be used to cut butter, sausages or homemade soap
- Ergonomic design
- Easy to clean by hand
- Safer than knives
- Not for hard cheeses like Romano
- Can't just throw it in the dishwasher
This cool kit actually lets you make several different kinds of cheese in less than an hour each. It comes with everything you need to get started.WHAT'S GOOD:
- Make homemade mozzarella, ricotta, mascarpone, halloumi, Greek-style cheese, Scottish crowdie, labneh, goat’s cheese, queso blanco, and paneer
- Comes with organic sea salt, anhydrous citric acid, vegetarian rennet, butter muslin, dried basil, ground cinnamon, lemon pepper, dried mint, paprika, three cheese molds and a thermometer
- Recipe book has simple instructions for different cheeses - unlike the DIY instructions you'll find on the web
- Nothing in the kit requires refrigeration
- Most recipes require plain whole cow's milk or goat milk
- Some recipes require non-homogenized milk, which isn't available everywhere
Some of the smaller and more portable smoking cloches and guns don't add a lot of flavor to cheese. This one does. It also smokes cocktails, meat, fish - any food you want.WHAT'S GOOD:
- Add a smoky flavor to cheese, meat, fish, cocktails, anything
- Comes with a hand held smoker and wood smoking chips
- Get creative - you can use all types of wood, dried herbs, and spices to smoke your foods. Even dried flowers.
- The frame is made of glass and stainless steel with a black walnut interior base.
- Very pricey
These delicious mustards are the perfect addition to any meat and cheese board. They come in three delicious flavors: Tarragon, All Natural Seed Style and Provencale Red Pepper.
I keep these in stock in my kitchen at all times. They last a long time because you don't need much to get plenty of flavor.WHAT'S GOOD:
- Fantastic gourmet flavors - you can really tell the difference from one to the next
- Great with sandwiches, sausages, fish, and even upscaled hot dogs.
- Add them to recipes for dips and sauces for a little extra kick.
- They make a great addition to a gift basket
- They come well packaged, but not in a presentation box
What's a meat and cheese board without olives? Pretty good. But add some olives, and you've got a party!WHAT'S GOOD:
- Made with only five simple, fresh ingredients: turmeric, lemon, sea salt, olive oil and olives
- Pairs well with most any meat and cheese board
- Also great in martinis!
- Can be served alone with cheese or as a selection along with green, kalamata or red olives
- Do not come in a presentation box
- Could be habit forming
Every cheeseboard could use some specialty breads and jams, and this gourmet jam and jelly sampler set has a great selection.WHAT'S GOOD
- 8 unique jams and jellies
- 1.5 ounce jars contain 3 tablespons jam each
- Chosen randomly from some very unique fruit flavors along with the more traditional ones
- Great for spreading on toast or crackers with a meat and cheese board, or pancakes or waffles
- Comes in a gift box
- Can't be sure which flavors you will get
Fondue pots are so 70s, especially if you have guests who don't like to double dip with others. This raclette grill gives you the best of fondue with so much more.WHAT'S GOOD
- Melt cheese in the raclette trays for dipping. You can make up to 8 small portions for each guest to have their own
- Also works as a grill for meat, veggies and fruit
- Also has a baking tray for making pancakes, crepes and even eggs
- Great for travel - almost as easy to use as a hotplate, but much more versatile
- Non-stick and very easy to clean
- Great for families to get together and let everyone cook their own dishes, all at the same time
- Pricey, although maybe not when you consider all it can do
- No grease drain. Cooking items like hamburger patties can get extremely messy
This little book is surprisingly full of irreverent wit and a deep love of cheese. Gorgeous photography and so much information.WHAT'S GOOD
- Everything you need to know about cheese: the history, how to pair cheeses, how to store it.
- Also has some recipes featuring all kinds of cheeses
- Beautiful little book from a small business publisher
- Makes a great standalone gift or add on for anyone who loves cheese and reading
- It's not a big coffee table style book, if that's what you're looking for
- May offend people whose lack senses of humor