Spanish cuisine brought us aguas frescas, water infused with fruit juices or juices from veggies like cucumber. Their light, refreshing flavor makes a wonderful change from soda. While many infused water recipes load them up with refined sugar, I prefer them simple.
Infused Water Recipes
- Refreshing, Nourishing Vitamin Water. This recipe combines watermelon, grapefruit, lemon, mint and more. As a result, you get some vitamins and antioxidants in every glass.
- Cucumber and Watermelon Infused Water. Stay cool weather with these two mild ingredients. This is one of the easiest infused water recipes out there, so you can make it quickly and easily.
- Blackberry Mint Infused Water. In addition to a wonderful flavor, this recipe has the advantage of being instant. The trick is to muddle the berries so the flavor is released instantly.
- Rose, Lemon & Strawberry Infused Water. Because of the rose petals, this one has a delicate, hard-to-pin-down note. If you’ve ever tasted rose water, you have an idea of what I’m talking about.
- Cucumber, Lavender, and Mint Infused Water Recipe. A wonderful herbal blend which has loads of flavor. If you find a lot of infused water recipes too bland, give this one a try.
- Apple Detox Infused Water Recipe. Whether or not you’re hoping for a detox effect, this apple cinnamon infused water is just what the doctor ordered. I like this one particularly for autumn.
- Pineapple-Mint-Ginger Water. Tremendously refreshing, due to the ginger and mint. But the sweetness of the pineapple makes it all delicious.
- Mojito Infused Detox Water. Tastes like a mojito, but without the rum. Mint and lime make for a very refreshing combination.
- Tomato-Basil Water. Savory recipes rock, too, so this drink is almost like a bruschetta in a glass. If you grow basil, this recipe gives you something new and delicious to do with it.
- Blackberry and Sage Infused Water. Simple and delicious, in addition to being a Weight Watchers recipe. Sage and blackberry make a surprisingly tasty, if unlikely, combination.
- Herb-infused Spa Water. This one uses sparkling water because it adds such a nice zing. Rosemary and mint give it a nice touch of spice.
- Citrus Blackberry Infused Water. A sweet and tangy recipe with amazing flavor. Another great one for those of you who prefer your beverages more flavorful.
Create your own recipes
You really don’t need a recipe as long as you understand the basic concept. Just use whatever combination of fruit, herbs, vegetables and even flowers you like. Chop up the fruit or veggies, even small berries, so they yield more flavor. Put them in a pitcher of water, put the pitcher in the fridge for two hours, and you get water infused with delicious light flavor.
But all the same, the recipes above provide a lot of inspiration. Some of them use slightly different techniques to make the infused water. Once you get the hang of it, play around with this and make it your own. Infused water is amazing not only for summer, but all year round.