Today’s post is from guest writer Tammy H. of Happenings on the Hill – Musings of an Evil Wife in Vermont
Here is an easy, quick dinner that the kids will love. This recipe came about totally by accident when I was done with empanadas and had some taco meat leftover.
Taco Potstickers Recipe
This kid-friendly recipe makes dinner a cinch! Taco meat wrapped in wonton skins - easy to make, and as tasty as it sounds!
1 lb ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 package wonton skins
Canola oil, water and pastry brush
- Cook the ground beef as you would for tacos.
- Drain and add taco seasoning.
- Set aside.
- Open wonton skins and separate.
- Using a pastry brush and a cup of water, paint water around the edges of the wonton skins to moisten.
- Add one teaspoon of taco meat into each wonton skin.
- Fold skin into a triangle and press slightly to seal. I suggest making all the taco potstickers before cooking. They cook quickly and it is difficult to do both preparing and cooking at the same time without something going terribly wrong.
- Heat about 1/4 cup of canola oil in a large skillet.
- Add the potstickers one at a time in batches. Cook for approximately one minute and then turn. The potstickers should be slightly browned when they are done.
- Drain on paper towel.
Served with taco sauce and a salad, this is a perfect kid-friendly meal.