Here’s a one-dish meal you can make in about 20 minutes: Chicken Thai. It’s a tasty, balanced meal made simple by using some store bought ingredients. You can serve it alone or over rice.
- 2 skinless chicken breast fillets
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil (sesame is best)
- 4 green onions, chopped into pieces about 1 inch long
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped honey-roasted peanuts
Pour the cooking oil into a large cast iron skillet. Cook the chicken in it over medium heat for 8-10 minutes, turning once at the halfway point. While it’s cooking, stir your coconut milk, peanut butter, ginger and pepper together in a bowl and set it aside. When the chicken’s done cooking, remove it from the skillet and keep it warm. Put green onion in the skillet. Cook and stir it for two minutes, then stir in the sauce mix from the bowl you set aside. Keep stirring it until it starts to bubble. Pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle it with the chopped peanuts. Optional: serve with rice.